Thursday, January 5, 2012

Below .500 on Word Biz!

I've played about 250 games on Word Biz online scrabble club to date, and am 30 games below .500. Some of these are because I've challenged one of the computers, in an experiment to see if I could get the letters I needed to spell certain words (for my 5-year mission to spell every word in the scrabble dictionary), other times its been because the computer that assigns tiles has really had it in for me! It's one thing to let my opponent get the X, the Q, the Z and the J, but to equally give me nothing but all consonants or all vowels on multiple draws?

But the real test of Scrabble skill is to play against live people when you are doing the drawing of tiles, as for example in my Thursday night scrabble club. I'm not doing so hot there, either, although my excuse there is that I always keep one eye open on the other players to make sure they're having a good time. We have one very good player who is not very friendly, so I'm always nervous to pair him with some of my newer people who expect a friendly game, and so on...

Ah, well, we must persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment