Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch...but

Here in Cheyenne we have a bi-monthly newspaperish type newspaper in which people put in ads for sale, want ads, etc. And it also features community announcements.

I emailed them last week asking if they'd care to run regular column on building one's vocabulary using the Scrabble dictionary. The guy who is in charge said to send him some examples, I did so, and he said that they'd start running it in their next issue.

But he'd have to contact me later to work out details.

So, I'm thinking I'm going to have my name up in lights! Or at least, in print.

Of course it's a free gig, but that's all right.  I'll have my byline and hopefully a little explanatory thing at the end of each column saying that I"m the President of the Cheyenne Scrabble Club, which meets every Thursday at the library.

So free advertising for my club - which is what I want.

Also a byline in an actual print paper (as opposed to the web) which could help me get future, paying gigs.

So hopefully it doesn't fall through, and will start with the next issue in two weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment