Thursday, June 28, 2012

Still under .500 at Word Biz

I have been playing Scrabble at Word Biz. I'm back over 500 in the rankings (I had dropped to about 390 or so for a while), but I can't get any closer to getting to .500 in games played, i.e. more wins than losses.

What really becomes clear to me is that it's the tiles. If I get good tiles, I win, if I get bad tiles, I lose. Anyone can score big if they get all the power tiles (X, Z, Q, and J) and their opponent doesn't!

I have lost a handful of times because of stupidity on my part, opening up a triple without figuring all the options. (Unfortunately, this game allows people to see the last 7 letters that their opponent has. So I look at 'em, think, oh, they can't get to the triple if I spell this. I spell it, they get to the triple! With a common word, mark you , not one that I don't know.

About 3 months ago I'd talked about how I'd have to start studying seriously for the upcoming spelling bee (August 11) and the upcoming Scrabble Tournament in Irvine Texas (Sept 1).

Well..I still have to start studying seriously for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment