Thursday, October 18, 2012

What's it to you???

In my profile at the Word Biz scrabble playing website, I say two things, one that I'm trying to use every single world in the Scrabble dictionary, and two, that I challenge everyone to participate in the 2013 AARP spelling bee in Cheyenne.

People whom I'm playing against can look up that profile and see what I've got to say.

So I was playing a game iwith a guy yesterday, ranked about 100 points higher than me. And he sends me a message (we can type to each other while we play) and says, "It's impossible to use every word in the Scrabble dictionary."

I point out that the Scrabble dictionary is a finite document, so of course it's possible to use every single word -it just might take a long time.

But he kept going on and on about it not being possible.

I didn't ask him, "What's it to you?" but I thought about doing that. (All I said was, "Oh, well, I"m still going to try.")

But I did think it was odd. Why even bother to say something like that - regardless of what "dream" I'd put in my profile, why try to poor cold water on it?

But some people are just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment