Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Scrabble Club

I moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming a year ago, and started a Scrabble Club shortly thereafter. We meet every Thursday at the Cheyenne County Library, if anyone would like to visit us and play Scrabble.

It's been an educational experience, as I learned over the course of the last year just how much I didnt' know. I'd say half of our members (there are 8 regulars) are much better scrabble players than me, a couple our really just beginners, and perhaps one or two are at my level.

We've got a new member now who is serious about learning Scrabble words - the two letter words, the 7 letter bingoes, etc. He doesn't intend to enter any tournaments (as I do) he's simply interested in elevating his game.

And so that is who this blog is for to, as well as those who are interested in attending tournaments. Whether you want to learn new words just to...well, to learn them!, or because you want to go to a tourney someday, learn with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment