Thursday, November 15, 2012

21 games over .500, rating of 576 at Wordbiz

Just played my first game of the day at Wordbiz.

Challenged a guy who likes to play 15 minute games. Normally this would be okay except I wasted a lot of time searching through my dictionary to highlight in blue the words I'd used....when it's only a 15 minute game I've got to do that at the end of the game, not during.

What happened was, my letters sucked for the first few turns, so I kind of gave up on the game and just concentrated on using new words - remember my goal is to use ever single word in the Scrabble Dictionary 4th edition.

So at the end I had very little time left...but I had gotten a few good words and was leading! I had a U and an I left, my opponent had an L. I was leading and should have won.

My opponent spelled LEWER, which even on my worst day I know is not a word! But instead of challenging it, I just passed, and he won by 6 points. Had I challenged it, I would have been able to spell NU, he would have had to pass, I'd've had to pass, and I would have won.

Just stupid on my part...I just wasn't paying attention.

But, anyway

My rating is now 576. Depending on if I play someone rated slightly higher or lower than myself, the rating goes up or down by 10 points. If I play someone very low, I could lose 20 points if I lose. 

My win loss record is 517-496.

Since the last time I input new words used into my excel database, I had used 1825 words out of the 100,000 in the dictionary (remember I started fresh on 8/28/12 for various reasons). I've used about 30-40 new words in 12 games since then.

So yes, I have a long way to go. But it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment