Saturday, August 4, 2012

7 Days to go...

I've become resigned to the fact that I won't do as well as I had hoped in the AARP spelling bee. There's a facebook page for the bee. There's now 52 competitors, and most have sent in a photo and a brief bio. There's lots of folks who have participated in and won bees in other cities - big cities.

Interestingly, there are only two people from Cheyenne taking place, me and one other women. All the other folks are coming from other states - lots from Colorado, but as far away as California and Virginia.

I simply have not studied near enough - I should have been studying at least a couple of hours a day for the last three months at least, but I have not done so. I've got the X, Ys and Zs memorized, and that's it!

So my goal is to go, have fun, and learn the ropes so that I won't choke when i go next year - when I will most definitely win!

Because I will study two hours every day for the next year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment