Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aug 11, 2012, AARP Cheyenne Spelling Bee

I had a good time at this event, for all that I scored 80 out of 100 in the written rounds, and missed the Oral Rounds by 2 points. But I wasn't particularly heart-broken. I stayed for the Oral Rounds and I didn't know how to spell any of the words.

1st written round consisted of 25 easy words just to settle everyone down and get rid of butterflies.
2nd written round was slightly harder but not much. I missed one word: MUGWUMP.
The 3rd round was slightly harder, I missed 6:

QUESTIONARY
INERCALATE
TUATARA
SKOSH
VIRIDITY
WIMBLE

The fourth round was the real killer. I only got 12 out of 25 right. I missed:

FELICIFIC
DOVEKIE
FLYTING
NAPERY
COTYLEDONARY
WELTSCHMERRZ
OPPUGNER
AECIOSPORE
SYNCYTIAL
KNUR
IRIDIUM
TUYERE
HYOSCYAMINE

No comments:

Post a Comment