Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blow to the Ego

Lost twice at my Scrabble Club tonight..facing real people.

The first game I really had no chance, my opponent got all the power letters except the J, and I was getting either mostly vowels (and not good ones, i's and u's)or mostly consonants (and not good ones.) And she got a Scrabble-O! (My term for bingo.)

For the first half of my second game I got good letters and was 20-30 points in the lead, then my luck changed. Skipped a turn to toss in 2 i's and a u, got back an i as well as a couple other useless letters.

Well...a good lesson to learn. Playing against real people is more challenging than against the computer - which I'm mainly using just to be able to cross off words in the dictionary.

But it's been brought home to me quite clearly that I still have a long way to go to be able to put up a respectable showing next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment