Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Realistic Plans

As I stated in my introduction to this blog on the Kindle, I'd intended to learn every single word in the Scrabble dictionary by next November (2012) in order to make a good showing at my first official Scrabble tournament in Dallas.

That was a bit ambitious...and I'm sure I knew it at the time...

My revised, scaled-down plan, is to learn every 2- and 3-letter word between now and next November.

I've got I suppose about 2/3rds of the 2-letter words down, but haven't even started on learning the 3-letter words, except the ones I've learned by playing scrabble online in the last month or so.

But it's more than just learning the words, you have to know them by heart. So far I know the 2 letter words that start with each letter, (A through Z, with no C or V!) but if I needed to pull out a 2-letter word that ends in a specific letter...a bit harder. So I'll be working on that.

And that will also be my plan for the 3 letter words. Knowing not only all the words starting A through Z, but also ending A through Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment